Monday, October 12, 2020

The Beijing Archaeological Survey

 The Beijing Archaeological Survey

 

In 2004 Krista and I interviewed a woman, very animated, who talked about Beijing's archaeological survey against the backdrop of the survey itself! As she spoke, couple of men were working on a piece of road, just a short distance behind her. They were the Beijing archaeological team! I intersected with them several times - I, with my Moule map, and they with their Sung wall excavation! 


Now we are due back along Songcheng Road. On my last visit, I photographed many houses alongside this section of road  but I can’t find them now. As I ponder this, my stomach growling, I realize it's time to get back for the dinner at Beijing!

 

Click here to go to the Beijing Archaeological Survey. 


West Lake "Fishback"

 

I love Chinese food!  On the way back to dinner, I began to remember my first China trip in 1991. I was in Hangzhou with Professor Ho. He was giving me background on every place, and dish, that were tops for tasty eats. He reserved highest marks for "Westlake Fish." This led to a delicious flashback - my first experience eating Westlake Fish.


West Lake fish is like poetry. You take one bite. First you taste one element, “reeds in water,” next you feel, “vinegar,” still in a watery landscape (all this requires some moments), and then comes the flavor of “the fish”! 

Such poetry!

 

Ok, enough about my "fishback!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment